Sunday, August 30, 2009

Connections Week at USU!!!

Lacie and I left for our connections class last week on the 18th! It was an interesting trip getting up to Logan that day... We left a little bit later than we anticipated, then Lacie'D and I stopped at the bank to put money in her account, when we left the bank... let the car trouble start... Lacie's truck wouldn't start. So we sat in the bank parking lot and waited for our dad's to come help us because we didn't know what to do... So Lacie's battery on her truck was totally shot so they jumped it and drove it to the local shop in town so they could stick a new battery in it. So I went to my mom's office until they got it fixed. So they fixed her truck and we were on our way. We made good time until we went to Sardine Canyon and on the way up the massive hill my radiator light came on and my car started smoking a little... but we were almost there.. so we went and had my uncle look at it.. and my radiator was completely empty.. even though we had it flushed and filled up earlier that week... I guess it had a couple air pockets so it emptied really fast. But we made it there... we checked in the first day, got told where to go the next day, got a tshirt and set up eating arrangements for that week.

The first day we went into the Kent Concert Hall and listened to the Utah State President speak for a while... Lacie, Annabell (we worked with her at Jubes), and I were all in the same class, so we were goofing around with our camera until the people behind us got mad because of the really bright flash on my camera...

Lacie and I were staying at my cousin Amanda's house (thanks Amanda!!!) and after going to the freshman connections dance that night Lacie and I were a little bit energetic so we were taking pictures of the exciting event of brushing our teeth!!!

For one of our Connections class activities we had to find all of our classes and take a picture to prove to our professor that we had actually found the class :D This is where my Public Speaking class is held... just in case you were wondering!

This was my partner for finding where our classes were. Her name is Emily, she's a really cute girl and really funny. This is where we meet up for connections the next couple of weeks that we are in session.

After we got back from our adventure of finding our classes Lacie and I crammed into the only available chair that was open before we went into our Rape Prevention Seminar. So since we both had our camera's out showing the pictures we took looking for our classes we couldn't avoid the picture taking opportunity that had presented itself.

Playing with the camera again :D

After seeing the fun Lacie and I were having taking pictures when Travis jumped in the pictures as well... just to make the whole picture taking episode even more hilarious!

more pictures...

Then on the 21st our class went on a "nature hike" up Logan canyon. It was so beautiful... and yes we are all wearing the same shirt! It was national... anybody who is at connections this week wear your game day shirt that you got on registration day... just kidding thats not what it really is called... but it should be called that!

Then during our hike we stopped at this little waterfall thing and discussed why the water was so low right there... there are stream beds that take the water off to different streams and rivers... it was really pretty right there!!!

While we were sitting there listening to our professor talk we took a picture... one of the girls had to leave for work and he was asking if it was alright if she left and we were all like sure... then he looked over and I had pulled a cheese it for the camera... but my cheese it and putting the camera in front of my face reaction time was a bit slow... so my professor looked at me really weird and was like is that ok with you... and Lacie and I just started laughing and were like yeah.. so we took the picture.. then our professor was walking in the back and we told him that we were posing for the camera and we weren't making faces at him... he was like oh ok.. you just had this really weird smile on your face.. then he walked with us for a while until our next pit stop to have a class discussion.

Then walking on the way back to civilization...

I'm so stinkin cute.. I know!!!

Then after our hike our professor bought us some pizza... so while we were waiting for the pizza we were sitting in the quad socializing with our group and telling stories about our lives... Connections was a great week and I'm really glad that I took the class.. I was able to find all of my classes just fine without stressing out about it on the first day of school... and all the services that are available on campus.. what to expect with roommates... and lots of other fun things to do while in Logan!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment