Sunday, July 26, 2009

Mango Salsa

As I was cleaning out underneath my bed tonight I came across my Mango Salsa recipe that I have and have told everyone about how it sounds really good... but with my memory I keep forgetting to give the recipe out... so since I am kinda wired tonight I figured I would give you all the recipe.... It actually looks good... I haven't tried the recipe yet... but it looks really good!... I mean come on... Its mango salso... who doesn't love mango salsa?
Mango Salsa
  • 1 Ripe Mango, peeled, pitted, and diced (about 1 1/2 cup)
  • 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
  • 1 Jalapeno chile, minced (include ribs & seeds for a hotter taste if desired)
  • 1 small cucumber, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
  • 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro leaves chopped
  • 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice

-salt and pepper to taste-

*Also good with diced red bell pepper and jicama*

-Method-

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl season to taste with salt and pepper. If salsa ends up being to hot or acidic for your taste, temper by adding diced avacado.

If you make the salsa before I get around to being a domestic goddess you should let me know how it is... it looks really good... so now that I have shared the recipe with you all.. I am going to bed now... Much love.. Yellie

2 comments:

  1. You need to practice cooking before you head out to college...so come cook for me and Kai! Love ya sistor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright... on my day off... I will come cook for you... do you like.. cereal.. mac n' cheese, grill cheese or raman noodles.. :D jk... i might throw in some spaghetti and garlic bread :D

    ReplyDelete